Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The End of my Adventures?

Me in Australia before the start of my big travelling adventures

Below is the plan that I've had on the right hand side of my blog for quite a while now. I might be the only person who actually read it. And even I only just noticed something... My plans have run out. What's left for me? Will it be jobs and work from now on? Are my adventures over?


  • September 2007 - Travel through Wales up to Scotland with Mum when she get's here in September.
  • September 2007 - See Australia v Wales in Cardiff with Sarah on the 14th September (Rugby World Cup).
  • October 2007 - Go to Greece in the 1st week of October and hang on a yacht for a week.
  • October 2007 - See the Rugby Semi Final in Paris.
  • November 2007 - Travel to Turkey for a bit with Sarah and Fiona
  • January 2008 - Go home to Australia on the 5th of January... Well I leave London on the 5th and have a 2 day stopover in Bangkok to see the bits of the city I missed the first time.
  • January 2008 - Back to Europe 2 weeks later after visiting everybody I can. Stop off in Austria or France for a bit of a ski before diving into work for 6 months
  • July 2008 - Fly back to Australia for a wedding in Brisbane.
  • August 2008 - Go to Nova Scotia for a week and activate my Canadian visa (I can't believe I have to go through this just for a visa)
  • September 2008 - Go Sailing with friends in Croatia for a week (Oh that's right I'm spending a lot on this sailing trip.
  • September - October 2008 - Return to London and work
  • November 2008 - March 2009 Go to Canadian ski fields. Get job. Ski.
  • Go back to London. Start repaying credit card.


In case anybody is curious... and why would you be reading this blog if you weren't?
  • I did travel with Mum in 2007 and although we didn't make it to Wales we did see lots.
  • Went to Greece and had a ball sailing
  • I made it to Poland as well as Turkey with the girls.
  • Visited Trish in Edinburgh.
  • Spent Xmas in the Lakes district with a house full of friends.
  • Went back to Australia for 2 weeks with a nice stopover in Thailand.
  • Worked for a lot of the first half of 2008 and made it to Snowdonia in Wales for hiking at Easter.
  • Had a long weekend trip to Stockholm.
  • In July made it to Japan on the way back to Australia and absolutely loved it. I fully recommend Japan as a travel destination.
  • Made it to Nova Scotia and made it back although not without a lot of hassle.
  • Sailed in Croatia which was almost as nice as Greece.
  • Went to the Czech Republic at Christmas.
  • Went skiing in Canada in January. Just for a month really.
  • Went to Ireland for a weekend to visit people and see a tiny bit of the Emerald Isle.
  • Came back to London and got a job.
I'm not really going to stop travelling but it might have to slow down for a while. Email me if you want to know my new plans. Me on Whistler Mountain at the end of this set of Adventures

No comments:

 
hitcounter Visitors since August 2008