To get away from the conditions a little bit the locals tend to carve their houses out of the crazy rock formations that make this such an amazing place to visit.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Ballooning in Turkey
OK I actually did this in October 2007. But I really like the photos so I'm putting them in the blog now.
We took off at dawn when the previous days flight had been canceled due to snow! It was really cold. Reminded me of winter mornings in Canberra. October is the tail end of the tourist season in Turkey. Our hotel (cave) had turned off the central heating for the season and didn't want to turn it back on as we were the only guests there.
This is the world famous region of Cappadocia in central Turkey. It's one of those places that gets really cold and really hot. Sometimes in the same day. And apart from the snow I think it's pretty dry.

To get away from the conditions a little bit the locals tend to carve their houses out of the crazy rock formations that make this such an amazing place to visit.
We didn't have time to visit this nearby town unfortunately. But if you're ever staying in Goreme for a few days it's probably worth a look.
To get away from the conditions a little bit the locals tend to carve their houses out of the crazy rock formations that make this such an amazing place to visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Those photos are fantastic!
Post a Comment