Well thanks go to Amanda and Mathias for twisting my arm and making me do this blog. They are henceforth responsible for all the emails from me nagging you to read my blog :-)
I'm going to pretend that I put this first post up the night that I got to Bangkok. That's when I emailed this:
Now it's actually Khoa San road which is pronounced however you feel like at the time. It is a total freakshow out there..... Imagine a stinking hot summer day in a swamp with 3 seperate bondi markets squashed into 400 m of street. With a quite fantastic vibe to it. I'll see if I can attach a picture to this post.Hi everyone,This is the quick email to say that I've arrived safely in Bangkok. Haven't slept yet but I've checked into the hotel where I'm staying on KhoAaSan Road. Much more to say about Khoa San at a later stage I think.Proper email to follow... promise ;-)Adam.
That's a picture of the street but you have to have been here to know what the temperature, humidity and smell is like. Plus there are the dozens and dozens of hawkers offering, quietly or noisily, (at different times of day) tailoring, tuk tuk tours, stupid little toys, clothes, CD's, software, jewellery, entertainment of all descriptions and lots of food.
Am I game to eat the food from the street vendors in KhaoSan road? You'll have to tune into the next post to see.
Cheers,
Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment