My experience with the food in Thailand is fantastic so far. I haven't been incredibly adventurous but I have been eating from the street-stands and the resteraunts. I'll admit that I've been grabbing mostly fried stuff rather than the pre-sliced up fruit which might have been sitting there for hours but I'm just not that brave (or stupid) ;-)
The stand-out food experiences both involve banana's. There are street vendors which will fry up pancakes stuffed with banana right in front of you. Slice it up on a little plate and then drizzle sweetened condensed milk (I think) on top of it. You eat it with a little tooth pick while you wander around. It actually makes people stop trying to sell you things... actually that's not true. Nothing stops them trying to sell you things :-)
And yesterday I caught a taxi from KhoaSan road to the airport (only B280). I was a little worried at first because we only moved a kilometer in the first halfhour (Did I mention that the traffic in Bangkok makes Sydney look like a country town). Anyway when we got caught in traffic again a little later the taxi driver flagged down a vendor who was wandering through traffic selling battered fried banana slices and we shared them and I briefly knew the Thai word for banana!
Fried banana slices - Highly Recommended!
All this writing about food has made me hungry. So I think it's dinner time again and just coincidentally I spotted this great restaraunt right near my guest house...
Cheers till later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's cool man. Take pics of your plate of food so we can see. Upload lots of pics of various stuff.
Latest last news has noticed your adventures,and will be following them very closely.
My horse has won its last two races and the dogs are starting to race although our best dog to date has hurt himself, so he is having a rest.
We are actually getting some rain at long last .
Keep going and enjoy.
Dad
Post a Comment