Friday, March 30, 2007

Leeds


Went to Leeds last weekend. Leeds is a nice city about 2 hours north of London on the way to Edinburgh. Sarah and I travelled up there because neither of us had been up there and the city of York is only 20 minutes away.
York is one of the those tourist highlights that everybody who goes to England should visit even if it's only for a day. It has ancient city walls and a Cathedral that was built on the site of a Roman fort with excavations in the crypt that let you see almost 2000 years of building. More about that inmy next entry.
I don't have many pictures for Leeds as the weather was pretty overcast. Here's a shot along the river showing an area that is 90% converted from old warehouses to funky new apartments. Emily and Adam who we were staying with have an apartment behind and to the left of where I am as I take this photo. Leeds reminds me a lot of the nice quiet parts of Canberra or maybe Sydney. It was certainly a big change after the nonstop crowds in London.

No comments:

 
hitcounter Visitors since August 2008