Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Snow Again

Oops. It seems that I never did post a blog entry about the awesome snow fall we had in my second week in London. I'm now about to finish my second month and the weather decided to remind me by being totally miserable with snow falling through most of yesterday.
So this is the snow from the loungeroom window:

And this is the snow in Regent's park:

The snowmen that everybody was making in the parks survived ages. Going for a walk in Hampstead Heath 4 days later there were all these confusing foot high white lumps. Poor frosty :-(


There are no snow pictures from yesterday. Partially because I was at work rather than wandering around the park and partially because the rain and wind mixed in with the snow was thoroughly unpleasant.
And I completed my first full week at work yesterday. It was a bit touch and go during the first afternoon but I went back the next morning and now I'm actually enjoying the work and looking forward to doing a lot of interesting programming in the next couple of months. The job is working for an online poker company based in a basement in Farringdon. I have a 3 month contract with them... not sure at the moment what I'll do after the 3 months is up. Who knows if they'll even want me to continue. I'm not too fussed as the money is good enough to pay the bills and even save a bit if I don't spend too much on travelling around.

2 comments:

Damana Madden said...

Do you skip around all day singing Winter Wonderland? I would.

Adam said...

Most days it's rain drops keep falling on my head :-)

 
hitcounter Visitors since August 2008