Tuesday, May 29, 2007

New Job

Well that didn't take long I hear you say. And happily I have to agree. After finishing up rather abruptly last Wednesday I have a new job organised and it's even better than the comfortable permanent one I mentioned in my last post.
It's a 3 month contract down in Wimbledon. It's for better money that my last position which I can't help but be pleased about and it's in an environment that looks like it will be a lot more dynamic than most of the places I've worked before. They appear to do actual software engineering as opposed to randomly making websites. I think they really might be a bit of a handful. I'm not 100% pleased about the commute which is going to be about 50 minutes and I think the shirt and tie requirement is going to get boring. But those may be the prices I have to pay to move forward in this town. I start next Monday.
And in case you're wondering what I mean by finishing up rather abruptly last Wednesday. My final day was meant to be Friday, and then Thursday, and then finally last Monday they decided to move all the computers out of the office on Wednesday. Silly me thought they meant at the end of the day but I could still see the funny side when at 2pm on the Wednesday I got told I should finish up what I was doing and give them a hand shifting the PCs upstairs and into the boot of the Boss's car. An hour later they'd left the various sets of keys behind and we all went our separate ways...

I went to the pub because it was a seriously nice day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehehe are you sure they were actually moving and this wasnt some elaborate way of getting rid of you?? jokes aside happy to hear you've got a new job sorted - so what exactly does this company do???

Anonymous said...

The Poms must be getting to yuo alread, going into a pub on a seriously nice day... madcats...

Congrats on the new job... 8)

Duncan and Flick said...

Hi Adam
I don't suppose you will be back in November? We need more people to go for a walk in Tassie (currently just Dunc and I). thought we might do the Southwest track. let me know if you are intersted.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I've built a career out of "randomly making websites", avoiding natural light and not talking to anybody. :)

I still have my keys to the office btw, are you surprised that nobody noticed?

Anonymous said...

I don't check for a while and you've already changed jobs! Hope this one is more sociable and.. has a better view?!

 
hitcounter Visitors since August 2008