First of all here is the lineup for Glastonbury....
http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/performance.aspx?id=196
Take your time... It may take a while to scroll to the bottom of the page. I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to see. There's a whole lot of must sees and dozens and dozens of want-to sees.
Now here is the weather forecast....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2007/somerset/weather/
As I look at it at the moment it says... Cool and Damp with the promise of Frequent Showers.... maybe it'll turn better but the chances are that we're going to be walking through mud most of the weekend.
Now you may be wondering why I'm not there already. When we got the tickets for Glastonbury we missed out on the best tickets which allowed you to get there however you wanted and park a car in the carpark. There were about 100,000 of those. We got the tickets which specified that you had to catch a Coach from a specific location, Bath, at a specified time, 8am on Wednesday.... no 2pm..... no 5pm..... oh no.... one of the coach companies has pulled out..... you'll have to make your own way from Bath to the Festival.
After being told that we absolutely had to catch the coach from Bath to the Festival at 8am on Wednesday morning to get our tickets we all got time off work. But today after they had changed the bus times on us twice we eventually just rocked up to the bus station and nagged the single person in charge of tickets to take pity on us and give us our festival entrance tickets so we could make our own way there. I didn't even have to show ID. In fact I could have stayed at work for 2 more days and caught a train to Bath on Thursday.
The biggest stress was for the people I'm going with who couldn't get Wednesday to Monday off work and had to promise to work remotely from my friends family home near Bath. Oh well it'll be alright once we're actually there.
End of Rant... No photos yet.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm jealous and somehow not... Enjoy Glastonbury and I hope the weather is not too bad... 8)
fitzcaelte.livejournal.com
Hi Adam,
Have just read all of your blog. quite a journey from here to there. look forward to some of the views of Glastonbury. Mud and all.
Post a Comment