Quick post just to reassure people I'm still alive.
The Wimbledon job is going really well. It's really quite an interesting workplace. My development team is using agile development methodologies. And I think even half my IT friends will say, 'what the hell is that'. I don't have time to describe it in detail but I will say it's keeping me busy which is why it's 2 weeks since my last post.
I think I will be fine to stay there for another 10 weeks and then have a bit of a break. I'll definitely need it by then :-D
Luckily I'm having a mini-break this weekend. I'm off to Glastonbury with some Canberra friends and a few english people.... about 130,000 of them really. The lineup is awesome with the highlights for me being 'The Killers' and 'The Kaiser Chiefs'. We're all prepared with tents, cheap sleeping bags, ear plugs and Wellington boots. I'll try to get a photograph of my boots before I go and lots and lots of photos while I'm there. (Of the festival, not my boots).
More news in a week.
P.S. My laptop hard drive has crashed :-( I'm hoping I can recover my pics off it and until it's fixed it's hard for me to post as work isn't really websurfing friendly.
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Do not listen to crazy people who talk of the wonders of agile. I have worked with three different teams using agile and it has never worked well. IMHO it is an excuse for micro-management and justifies cowboy programming.
ooh Glastonbury - sounds very nice.
Agile Development hey - we do a lot of that at work.. not a big fan since you forever seem to be developing..
Data Recovery - Easy Recovery Pro by Ontrack
DLD
mana, at least agile is a life-cycle. I haven't yet managed to find a workplace that could actually be bothered formalising a development lifecycle. I'd say 90% of coders are in that boat.
To be honest, I couldn't give a crap anymore. There must be better things to do than code ;)
Glastonbury... ooh fun. I remember that (I think).
I'm really enjoying coding at the moment. In fact I'm sad because my broken laptop means I can't code at home :-D
And I'm reserving my judgement on agile development and ... Pair Programming until my contract is over.
Post a Comment