Wednesday, August 1, 2007

And I'm back on the air.

This blog post brought to you by Acer. I've got a nice new laptop to replace the fantastic Toshiba may it rest in peace. It's got a nice bright screen which is a bit better than the Toshiba's and runs a lot faster but it's not as small and nifty which is a bit sad. Honestly though the Toshiba stayed on my desk at home and didn't travel around that much and since I'm planning on staying in London for a while longer I don't really need an ultra light laptop.

And it can do some tricks that the Toshiba never managed.. for instance: £ and €. Impressed? You don't really miss a Pounds Sterling key until you really need one. (I really hope the pound and the euro characters show up properly on everybody's web browsers.)

The little bit of real news I'll throw into this post is that I'm moving.... really just a kilometer or so but I'm pretty sure the new place doesn't have nearly as many little quirks and oddities. It's cleaner, nicer, bigger, and I double checked the shower and I think we'll be ok. It's also going to be 5 minutes closer to the shops and the Tube so that'll be pretty nice. And if any of you ever visit it'll be ever so much more convenient.

Next I'll be putting up my "I've been in London for 6 months" State of the Union post. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Pippala said...

Can see the P and E. Very impressed. :-D

And haven't you been in London longer than 6 months? Or is that a joke that I don't get?

Adam said...

:-D You duffer.
February 1
March 2
April 3
May 4
June 5
July 6

6 months... Mwahahahahaha

I didn't get to London until the last day of January.

Unknown said...

Wohoo new lappy - so now there's no excuse for not posting daily :?)

 
hitcounter Visitors since August 2008