
Today I'm exercising my meagre photographic talents and bringing you photos from the house I've just moved into. It's in West Hampstead and I'm pretty happy with it although I've only been here for about 5 hours. My room is quite large and has a big amount of wardrobe space, double bed, shelves, drawers, a desk and nice big windows that face onto the back garden. It's also got an open fireplace but while that's technically functional I'm told that keeping the chimneys swept is quite expensive and so I don't think that any of the fireplaces in the house are actually used. Playing around with fire is going to have to wait until the summer when the housemates have BBQ's in the back garden.

The house is huge with 6 bedrooms, two kitchens, two bathrooms and a big loungeroom that is pictured below. I've also put in a picture of the kitchen that I share with 2 of the other housemates. All in all it's lovely and while I'm going to miss my old housemates from Clapham Junction I'm not going to miss the tiny bedroom I was in at all.
I'm contractually obliged to be in this house for at least 6 months (well contractually obliged to pay rent for 6 months anyway and I'm quite looking forward to exploring a new area of London and seeing what West Hampstead has to offer.... lots of cafes and pubs apparently :-)
3 comments:
Oh those dreadful child labour laws preventing the otherwise good-for-nothing kids from being employed to keep your chimneys clean! What is this world coming to?
Oi! That's my tiny room you're dissing there buddy. And I LOVE it. Even a kitchen pantry is an upgrade when you've been living out of a suitcase.
You've been tagged by Damana - http://geekdamana.blogspot.com/2008/03/youve-been-tagged.html
Post a Comment