Monday, September 15, 2008

Home Finally

OK so obviously I wasn't stranded for ever in Canada. Escaping, however, involved spending lots of money and flying via Montreal and Amsterdam on the way back to London. Please go and find a world map if you don't realise how silly this is. But it seemed to be the only way to get back in time to get on a yacht in Dubrovnik and have a more relaxing holiday with my friends. so I gritted my teeth and my credit card miraculously stood up to the challenge.
More bad luck on the way home when KLM decided that my luggage wanted to stay in Amsterdam. My overnight stop in London therefore had to involve buying some necessities like swimmers, spare socks and tshirts.
Since I had missed my initial flights to Dubrovnik I had had to rebook so the next morning it was off to Luton to fly on Thomas Fly direct to Dubrovnik. Unexpectadly the whole thing went flawlessly and 4 hours later I was in Dubrovnik. I was going to have to fly home via Hanover but that was a week away. For the next week however it was relaxing with good food, lots of alcohol and some lovely shiny yachts to play on.
So life was pretty good on that bit of the holiday. On the flight home I got to have new German stamps in my passport as well which was pretty good. And I confused the hell out of the Customs officer quite a bit by leaving the country on the same day I entered it actually she acted very surprised at the Australian passport as well. Normally you wouldn't go through customs but Hanover airport is so small that it doesn't have a transit lounge for international passengers.... possibly I was the only person that week using Hanover as a international transfer point.
And so on Sunday night I did make it home in one piece and finally caught up with my luggage which had been patiently waiting in London for me to return.

No comments:

 
hitcounter Visitors since August 2008