For those of you who've lost count or just weren't informed of where I've worked in London I thought I'd compile a little list... I guess it'll help me as well when I totally forget about these jobs in 3 years time.
- Basement job - Working for the online poker company in a basement in Farringdon. No natural light and finished that job at 2 in the afternoon helping shift the computers from the office into the back of the boss's car. I do wonder about those guys sometimes.
- Pair Programming - Working for a recruiting company down in Wimbledon. 3 months of working with someone in a pair.... all day, every day.
- Sports Websites - Working in Finchley Road where perversely is now really close to where I live. Of course back then I had to commute from the other side of London. These guys tried to hire me as a permanent from day one. Alas they didn't really want to pay the same money... I guess that was their point.
- Magazine company - Nice big building down in Southwark. Good work, nice building... guess it just didn't agree with me.
- Passionato - Classical Music industry. Interesting company but such bad luck with external companies they were trying to work with. Launched their website in August 2008 and it's slowly growing. Unfortunately it wasn't growing fast enough to fund a hungry web developer.
- My New Job! - I'm working for a marketing company that is doing a website for the British Film Council. So I guess that means I'm in the film industry... cool!
Anyway here is a picture from last weekend. The big building is 'The Gherkin', which is a landmark building looming over the city of London.
No comments:
Post a Comment