Patong is the first place I stayed after Bangkok. It's one of the main towns on the island of Phuket which is in the Andaman sea to the west of Thailand. You can see it on the map to the right. Arriving there late in the evening was a really bad introduction to Patong. It's a holiday resort town with a strong bias towards sex tourists and Thai Ladyboys. The night life is busy but thoroughly unwholesome. Walking through the streets dragging a suitcase while looking for a room was quite an interesting experience.
From a cultural or travellers point of view I don't think Patong has any redeeming features at all. Accommodation there is also quite expensive. Happily I only stayed there for one night.
Adam's Travel Tip #56: Never ever go to Patong
2 comments:
so where do we go then?
My question is regarding the first 55 travelling tips...
Post a Comment